Pero tú, oh YHWH, eres escudo alrededor de mí; eres mi gloria y el que levanta mi cabeza. sa

Friday, January 1, 2010

Prodigal


Luke 15: 11-24
And he said, “There was a man who had two sons. And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them. Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.
“But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.”’ And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.' But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate.

page divider Pictures, Images and Photos


Today...the first day of 2010...I bow to my knees and claim this will be the year of my prodigal.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Melanie...this really touched my heart...and I know you know why....

melanie said...

Karen, please keep this in your prayer time. I know you know how to petition God on this.

karen said...

Sweet sister.. Karen has been such an encouragement to my heart in the short time I have known her in blogger land.. And now she so very much needs us to pray for her , * and her own prodigal*.. She knows my heart for the lost, the homeless, and the prodigals.. I am humbled , too, that she cares about them.
I wanted to introduce myself ( karen also, from http://www.karensthreadsofhope.blogspot.com , just to let you know I began to follow you last night.. I love the title you chose, Closet full of Critters... maybe because we live in the mountains here in eastern Oregon where lots of big, furry, scary critters sometimes make appearances, both in the human and the animal form. lol.. I wanted to share this poem that came from a blog post I shared week or so ago I think. Its about a man named Rory whom I have been ministering Jesus too.. Heres the poem, but I didn't post the rest of the blog, for space reasons here.. I look forward to reading more, my new blogger friend.

A Prodigal has strayed from the Lord
a life, clearly out of God's will , and way.
One day as the wanderer stumbled , and fell
the wounded soul heard the Savior say :

“Come home, my child, come home to Me”
I am standing here at the door for you
Come home , come home, I'll give you rest
And I'll forgive, and cleanse your heart, anew.

Just let Me take your shame today
no matter where you've gone , or what you've done
for it's My Love that came down to save
for you, I've given my life, My precious one.

Yes , I've waited for you all this time
and I know, for you , what all it cost
the years where sin has kept you chained
and the days and nights of peace that you have lost.

Hear My voice calling out to you
the time is right for you to just come home
leave all the shame that you feel inside
because Child, its now that you will never again, walk alone.

Prodigal, yes, Come home , come Home
to the place where you can come to Me and hide
with no fears , or pain because of where you've gone
Child, come Home - for its my grace for you, that's in full supply.

Julie said...

Melanie,
I came from Karen's blog. She's a dear blogging friend. I'm so happy to meet you!

Hope you'll stop by for a visit.

I love the prodigal son story have written about it on my blog before. May this be the year!

Great to meet you!

melanie said...

Hello and it's great to meet you both. That is a beautiful poem! Thank you so much for helping me in prayer for my prodigal. This is somewhere I never dreamed I would be and it is a heartbreaking road. I'm thankful for every prayer that lifts this up.

I will be sure to visit your blogs and I do thank you for stopping.

Blessings to you!

Winging It said...

HI, Melanie!

I just "met" your cousin Karen via her wonderful blog during the holidays. As I went around to visit and catch up on blogging, I saw she has tken a break. And she invited us to check you out! I'm so glad she did. I love to meet fellow sisters-in-Christ! And when they are Moms I know we have even more opportunity to share faith and encouragement!

Job 22:26-30 Amplified...check it out to strengthen your faith.

Glad to meet you!
Maria