Pero tú, oh YHWH, eres escudo alrededor de mí; eres mi gloria y el que levanta mi cabeza. sa

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Where are the footsteps going...


I was taught from a young age...to give respect where respect is due. That meant to render respect to my parents, my elders, my teachers, my bosses, my pastor, my sister, my husband and now even my children. But the most important area of respect I was taught was to give respect and honor to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I was taught and have taught my children; place nothing on top of the Bible...it is to be treated with respect and honor. Also that God's name should only be used in reverence...as a witnessing tool...to give honor to...or in prayer. The same goes for the name of Jesus and for the Holy Spirit. It seems society in general has been stripped of that ideology. Not only does disrespect seem to be prevailant in secular areas but I am ashamed to say, it is finding it's way into our churches. And even scarier to me is the realization that the respect for God's name and respect for the gifts of the Holy Spirit are even being put into a comedic arena by some and we simply should know better. If we as adults don't sew the seeds of respect where is this younger generation going to learn it? Kids look to adults for the example that they should follow. There are always eyes watching...and learning. To see someone...any one...do anything that makes fun of God, Jesus or any kind of worship...Well that just makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I know that God is a God of mercy...I don't believe He is sitting there waiting to strike us down for every little mistake...nor do I believe He is without humor. He created me so I know He has that! But I have to believe...that if He thought it important enough to make it one of THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...then He meant business when He said "Thou shalt not take the name, of the Lord thy God in vain." Just a thought...Just thinking about the footsteps of my walk...and where they will lead for other feet to follow in...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Amen...I agree 100%!